Child Visa Australia

Choose the best migration agent for your child visa.


See how it works



Child Visa

Fixed Fee - Covered by Pay.Safe


The Ask-An-Agent community

Whether you’re hiring a migration agent or post your migration questions, know that we’ve got your back every step of the way.

Trust and Safety



Meet your Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers

View migration agent profiles. Read reviews from other community members who have already hired a migration agent.

Migration Agents Directory

Quick Links

Migration Agents in Brisbane; 

Migration Agents in Melbourne

Migration Agents in Perth

Migration Agents in Sydney

Or meet with an Agent near you: Find Migration Agents near me


What is a child visa in Australia?

A child visa is for a child, adopted child or stepchild of an eligible parent and a sponsor of child visa must be the eligible parent or the eligible parent’s partner who lives together with the eligible parent.

You may apply for a child visa if your parent is considered to be the eligible parent because he/she is:

  • an Australian citizen or
  • an Australian permanent resident or
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen


Is there an age limit to apply for a child visa?

25 years old is the age limit for a child visa. If the child is over 18 years old, the child needs be a full time student and to prove the financial dependency to the eligible parent. A child who has physical or mental disability and can provide medical evidence that shows inability to work due to the disability may not need to provide further evidence on the financial dependency.


Is the same age limit applicable to adopted child or stepchild?

A stepchild needs to be under 18 years old and the eligible parent is the step parent who has legal responsibility for the child and is no longer the partner of the child’s parent.


Can I apply for a child visa while I am outside Australia?

A child visa can be applied for both in Australia (child visa subclass 101) and outside Australia (child visa subclass 802).


Can I include my spouse into my child visa application?

Relationship status of child visa applicants cannot be married, de facto or engaged to be married. If the child visa applicant is 18 years old or over, the applicant must have never before been married or in a de facto partner.

Read more about

Migration Agent Fees

Australian Citizenship



Ready to start your child visa application?

Get Started Now


Child Visa Australia
Updated: 2020-07-28
By: Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association