Online Promotion >> Parent Visa services $2,400
What is a Parent Visa in Australia?
A Parent Visa allows a parent or parents of a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident to be sponsored to live in Australia.
As a parent you may apply for permanent or temporary Parent Visa classes.
You may apply for a parent visa if your child is:
- an Australian citizen or
- an Australian permanent resident or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
You must also meet the balance of family test requirement and your child has been living in Australia lawfully for more than 2 years. Finally, you may be required to provide an assurance of support.
What is the balance of family test?
A Parent Visa application requires a successful balance of family test.
You meet the balance of family test if:
- 50% or more of your children live in Australia or
- 50% or more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
What is assurance of support?
When you apply for your Parent Visa in aPermanent Residency category you are required to provide an assurance of support.
It is a legal document confirming that you receive financial support in certain circumstances so you do not have to rely on social security payments.
In most cases this document will be provided by your child who is sponsoring you.
What is a permanent Parent Visa?
The following parent visas give you Permanent Residency status in Australia:
- Parent Visa (subclass 103)
- Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143)
- Aged Parent Visa (subclass 804)
- Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864)
What is a temporary Parent Visa?
The following parent visas give you temporary Residency status in Australia:
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 173)
- Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 884)
Ask your Parent Visa migration agent your questions to find out more.