Help Centre

We add new Promotions, Deals and Special Offers all the time.

Remember to check back for the lates Promotions:

Special Offers from our migration agents

The Australian Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Assocation is looking out for you if something goes wrong.

No more problems with migration agents! If your Agent doesn’t perform we’ll give you the confidence you need.

Get covered with PaySafe


PaySafe is the approved payment arrangement recommended and facilitated by the Australian Migration Agent and Immmigration Lawyer Association.

You pay us and we pay your Migration Agent or Immigration Lawyer only after you approve the work is done.

PaySafe is a secure “win-win” arrangement for both sides

Get covered with PaySafe

We are celebrating Australia’s best migration agents and immigration lawyers. Check it out:

Immigration Choice Awards 2017


Only best migration agents achieve top agent status. Look out for the badge:

 Best Migration Agent

Immigration Law is changing frequently. Answers on Blogs and Forums are locked in time and may only be relevant to the day the answer was provided.

More importantly, Blogs and Forums cannot fit your unique set of circumstances: What is appropriate for one visa applicant, may be different to your circumstances.

With Ask-An-Agent you have the guarantee that your answer is individually prepared by a Registered Migration Agent, Licensed Immigration Adviser or Immigration Lawyer.

Ask-An-Agent is the official web portal backed by the Australian Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association:

About the Migration Agent Association



Our licensed immigration advisers can help you with your New Zealand visa application.

Check it out:

New Zealand visa

All Agents are qualified to provide immigration advice and act in accordance with their professional code of conduct.

Once your question has been picked up, the Agent has 2 hours to provide your solution. If your question hasn’t been answered in full or you are unclear on any point, simply hit the “Clarify now” button within 48 hours. The same Agent will get back to you.

If an Agent falls short of providing sound advice you may be covered by PaySafe:

Get covered with PaySafe

If you are unhappy with our service or an agent we would like to hear from you. Email us at, make sure to include your question ID for reference and details about why you are unhappy. We will investigate your case and get back to you.

Get covered with PaySafe

You can request a Call Back and your Agent will call you back on your landline or skype number to discuss with you the answer provided.

A Call Back may give you the opportunity to discuss your question with your Agent whilst you can also rely on the written answer provided.

In case you want more than a Call Back:

Book a consultation with a Migration Agent

You can book a consultation with a migration agent or immigration lawyer any time.

Kick start your visa application now and book a

Consultation with a Migration Agent

Yes – You can upload any supporting information which may provide important background information to your Agent.

The Australian Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association and its online platform Ask-An-Agent is a low cost alternative to engaging a Migration Agent to handle your visa application.

Our service is ideal for anybody who wants to prepare most of their application themselves, but feels that they need expert advice on particular aspects of the process or they have simply gotten stuck while filling out the paper work. With Ask-An-Agent, you are free to prepare all aspects of the application yourself, which will save you the cost of having an agent do it for you. At the same time, you have peace of mind knowing that you have access to professional advice from an expert when and as you need it.

Compare Migration Agent Fees

The dollar value should reflect the level of complexity or assessment asked of a migration agent.

More complex assessments may attract an Agent when the offer sits in the $120 - $175 range:

How it works

The minimum amount is $AUD 50. However, keep in mind that more complex questions may attract an Agent when the offer sits in the $100 - $175 range.

Alternativly check out fixed fees for visa services:

Migration Agent Fees


All offers on the Ask-An-Agent platform are made in Australian dollars. If you want to find the approximate amount in your local currency you can use this currency converter to find the approximate value. Please note that currency amounts are constantly changing. The currency converter can only give you an approximate amount of what you will be charged.

Agents will favour questions that are clearly written and offer fair payment.

You can edit your question and offer to ensure you have explained your query sufficiently and/ or to offer a higher amount which is more likely to attract a response.

Check out questions from other users"

Questions of the week

Ask-An-Agent operates out of Australia and uses Australia/Pacific time. All Call-backs are scheduled on this time basis. To convert this to your local time please use this time zone converter.

When asking your question, you are requested to set the amount you want to pay.

Our Partner PayPal or Stripe will authorise your Credit Card and capture the amount you want to pay. We charge you only if an Agent accepted your question and provided an answer.

If an Agent falls short of providing an answer you may be covered by PaySafe:

Get covered with PaySafe


All Agents are authorised to provide immigration advice, for example Registered Migration Agents registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) or Licensed Immigration Advisers with Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) or Immigration Lawyers. All Agents are required to have a sound knowledge of migration law and procedure and abide by their professional standards e.g. Code of Conduct.

Agents are qualified service providers who will offer you professional help with applying for a visa for Australia. With all professional services Agents expect a fair payment for the service they provide.

Or as the old Australian saying goes: If you pay peanuts you will get monkeys!

Look out for the best migration agents:

 Best Migration Agent

You can ask any question related to Australian migration law and visas, New Zealand migration law and visas, Australian citizenship, New Zealand citizenship and dual citizenship.

Ask-An-Agent is the official web portal backed by the Australian Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association:

About the Migration Agent Association

To ensure that you get a quick reply, try to include as much information about your case or application as possible. Generally, the information needed includes your nationality, age, marital status, and your employment and educational background, as applicable. Please also indicate the type of visa you are potentially interesting in applying for, if you onshore or offshore, the visa you currently hold or have had previously held, and any visa expiry dates. As each case is different, it is impossible to provide a complete list of all the information needed by the agent to answer your question.

If you already have a visa or are in the process of applying for a visa, please include these details as well. If you have had any prior communication with the Department of Home Affairs, please also include information about this when asking your question.

You are welcome to ask questions or engage for visa services after you have disengaged from your current Migration Agent:

Find a migration agent near you

Migration agents can answer specific questions relating to either your visa application or the visa application process, such as the documents required for your application, how to fill out complicated forms such as Form 80, or if you are eligible for a certain visa subclass.

Migration agents can also give you general migration law advice. This includes outlining pathways to permanent residency (PR) and citizenship, how to have family members or your spouse join you in Australia, or possible alternative visas in the event of a visa refusal or visa cancellation.

Find a Migration Agent near you

You find breaking news about Australian visa and the latest immmigration matters in our Migration Agent Blog:

Migration Agent Blog

A partner visa gives you access to Permanent Residency in Australia.  If you are married to or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be eligible to apply for partner visa in Australia. Explore more:

Partner Visa


The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa allows you to stay and work in Australia after completing 2 years of study in Australia.

Find out more on Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa

A parent visa gives Australian citizen or permanent residents the possibility to sponsor their parents. Thus, parents can move and live in Australia together with their children.

Explore more:

Parent Visa

Skilled migration visas provide one of the greatest opportunities for skilled individuals to live and work in Australia.

Read more about Skilled Migration Visa and Skill Select

If you and your Agent decide to not move forward, you’ll want to request a refund of the PaySafe funds you’ve added.

Requesting a PaySafe refund

What to do if you see a payment error

Your bank may need up to 1 minute to process your credit card payment. The time depends on your banks gateway.

For security reasons you must not press the Back or Refresh button of your browser during this process. You will then receive a confirmation message on screen and by email.

Please try again and verify that your credit card details are correct.

  • Please ensure that your billing address is filled.
  • Ensure your CVV is correct. The CVV for an American Express card is a 4 digit number. For other credit cards this is a 3-digit number.

This error indicates that your bank is not validating the funds for transfer.

It can occur for a variety of reasons including incorrect password, incorrect CVV, purchasing restrictions or limits on your credit card, insufficient funds or incorrect expiry date.

Don’t worry. We are always here to help.

If the problem persists, please contact the Ask-An-Agent Support Team

Take a note of the error message. It will help Ask-An-Agent to diagnose the problem.

If you have trouble paying with your credit card you may look here first:

A number of things can happen to our emails, here are a few tips to make sure you stay in contact: