Parent Visa Australia

Find the migration agent and immigration lawyer with the skills and experience you need, it's never been easier.

Get Started Now



See how it works






Fixed Fee - Covered by Pay.Safe


The Ask-An-Agent community

Whether you’re hiring a migration agent or post your migration questions, know that we’ve got your back every step of the way.

Trust and Safety



Meet your Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers

View migration agent profiles. Read reviews from other community members who have already hired a migration agent.

Migration Agents Directory

Quick Links

Migration Agents in Brisbane; 

Migration Agents in Melbourne

Migration Agents in Perth

Migration Agents in Sydney

Or meet with an Agent near you: Find Migration Agents near me


What is a parent visa in Australia?

A parent visa allows a parent or parents of a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident to be sponsored to live in Australia.

As a parent you may apply for permanent or temporary parent visa classes.

You may apply for a parent visa if your child is:

  • an Australian citizen or
  • an Australian permanent resident or
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen

You must also meet the balance of family test requirement and your child has been living in Australia lawfully for more than 2 years. Finally, you may be required to provide an assurance of support.


What is the balance of family test?

A parent visa application requires a successful balance of family test.

You meet the balance of family test if:

  • 50% or more of your children live in Australia or
  • 50% or more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.


What is assurance of support?

When you apply for your parent visa in a Permanent Residency category you are required to provide an assurance of support.

It is a legal document confirming that you receive financial support in certain circumstances so you do not have to rely on social security payments.

In most cases this document will be provided by your child who is sponsoring you.


What is a permanent parent visa?

The following parent visas give you Permanent Residency status in Australia:

  • Parent visa (subclass 103)
  • Contributory parent visa (subclass 143)
  • Aged parent visa (subclass 804)
  • Contributory aged parent visa (subclass 864)

Read more about

Migration Agent Fees


What is a temporary parent visa?

The following parent visas give you temporary Residency status in Australia:

  • Contributory parent (temporary) visa (subclass 173)
  • Contributory aged parent (temporary) visa (subclass 884)


Ready to start your parent visa application?

Get Started Now



Choose a migration agent for your parent visa in Australia. 75+ agents are online – it’s never been easier.
Updated: 2020-07-28
By: Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association