Graduate Visa Australia (sc 485 visa)

Find a migration agent and immigration lawyer with the skills and experience you need, it's never been easier.

Get Started Now



See how it works




Fixed Fee - Covered by Pay.Safe


The Ask-An-Agent community

Whether you’re hiring a migration agent or post your migration questions, know that we’ve got your back every step of the way.

Trust and Safety



Meet your Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers

View migration agent profiles. Read reviews from other community members who have already hired a migration agent.

Migration Agents Directory


I have just finished my studies. How can I stay in Australia?

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) may be the right choice for you. After completing 2 years of study in Australia, the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows you to stay in Australia for up to 4 years.

Do you want to start your studies in Australia? Read more about:

Student Visa Australia


Why is the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) considered a pathway to Australian Permanent Residency?

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows you to extend your stay in Australia. More importantly, the subclass 485 visa gives you work rights. Thus, you have the opportunity to become eligible for permanent residency in Australia through skilled migration pathways.


What work rights do I have on a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)?

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows you to apply for any type of work. Also, the subclass 485 visa does not limit the number of hours you wish to work. An employer can hire you easily as an Employer Sponsorship is not required.


What are the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) streams?

The Temporary Graduate visa has two streams:

  • Graduate Work stream  -  you may consider this stream if you have graduated with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
  • Post-Study Work stream (PSWV)  -  under this stream you have graduated with a bachelor, masters or doctoral degree regardless of your field of study.


Can I include family members in my application?

You can include your partner and dependent children in your application for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).


When do I have to undertake a Skills Assessment for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)?

At the time you apply for the Temporary Graduate visa under the Graduate Work stream you must have applied for a sills assessment in your nominated occupation.

Read more about:

Skills Assessment

Skilled visa

Migration Agent Fees


Ready to start your graduate visa application?

Get Started Now


Choose a migration agent for your Graduate Visa (sc 485 visa). 75+ agents are online - it’s never been easier.
Updated: 2019-09-16
By: Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association