Detail Question Of The Week

English Test requirements for points test

Category:No Category

Question asked


I am an IT engineer based in Mumbai. I wish to apply for a sc 189 visa and I am having difficulties to pass my IELTS English Test. I heard that I can also sit another English Test? Please confirm.


Answer provided by our agents

Dear B.,

For a Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) application you may indeed opt for another English Test.

You have the following options:
- Pearson (PTE Academic)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test

I have attached a detailed list of test scores for each and every test together with links to the test institutes so that you can decided on the best choice for your points test.

Feel free to contact me if something appears to be unclear.